|PPSS Tabard Style Stab Vests|
There is no question about it, this can of course have its purpose at the right time and place, however, in most cases our customers have the clear objective to make their domestic frontline professionals appear more ‘approachable’, ‘helpful’ and ‘general safety conscious’.
Over the past few years I have been advising Heads of Health & Safety as well as Heads of Operations or Security of the importance of ‘customer perception’.
When visiting Belfast just a couple of months ago we had a very interesting conversation with the senior officer of one of the largest public serving organisations in Northern Ireland. Foreign visitors coming to see for example cities like Belfast are interested in the changes this city has gone through in recent years. The question is what impression would foreign visitors get when seeing public transport, car parking enforcement and facility management employees running around in black overt tactical body armour with ‘SECURITY’ or ‘ENFORCEMENT’ printed on the front and back?
I am a strong supporter of ‘hard security’ and ‘disciplined law enforcement’, but I equally believe that in many instances a more covert approach and a more approachable look can make a real difference between the public’s acceptance of- and cooperation with domestic frontline professionals.
Just this week we have attended a meeting with one of Europe’s leading facility management firms. Their Director of Security admitted in an ‘off the record’ conversation that they had identified a reasonable risk to their frontline staff, but for ‘perception’ reasons, their decision over the past year’s has been not to issues any type of body armour to their staff.
The legal position here in the UK
- In order to provide PPE for their employees, employers must do more than simply have the equipment on the premises. The employees must have the equipment readily available, or at the very least have clear instructions on where they can obtain it.
- Regulation 4 of the Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992 states: “Every employer shall ensure that suitable personal protective equipment is provided to his employees who may be exposed to a risk to their health or safety while at work except where and to the extent that such risk has been adequately controlled by other means which are equally or more effective.”
- The accompanying guidance states: “Employers should, therefore, provide appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and training in its usage to their employees wherever there is a risk to health and safety that cannot be adequately controlled by other means.”
Society has moved on and we have learned to associate someone wearing hi viz gear with someone who can assist us in a moment of basic distress.
PPSS ‘Tabard Style’ Hi Viz Stab Vests have been designed with all of the above in mind!
They are the ultimate body armour solution for domestic frontline professionals who operate or serve within an environment where the ‘ballistic/gun threat’ is very low but where the risk of having to face potentially hostile, intoxicated or abusive member of the public is very realistic indeed.
PPSS Stab Resistant Vests offer exceptional and more importantly certified protection from all types of edged weapons, hypodermic needles. They also offer truly unmatched protection from what is statistically the most likely type of injuries one may suffer in most countries: Blunt Force Trauma*
*Blunt trauma, blunt injury, non-penetrating trauma or blunt force trauma refers to physical trauma to a body part, either by impact, injury or physical attack. The latter is usually referred to as blunt force trauma.What is so different about PPSS Stab Vests?
- Non-confrontational design
- Outstanding protection from blunt force trauma (usually suffered following a kick, punch or blow from a blunt object)
- Unlimited shelf life (compared to 3-5 years life span of Kevlar® made body armour)
- Extremely lightweight (2.3kg)
- Ultra-thin (5mm)
- Home Office (HOSDB) KR1 & NIJ Std 0115.00 Level 1 certified stab protection
In case you any questions in reference to stab vests then please do not hesitate and contact my team, and in the strictest of confidence we will help you to find the best possible solution.
Please call +44 (0) 845 5193 953 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: www.ppss-group.com